Have you ever had a dinner sitting at a vintage Singer table? I really think it’s a romantic, nostalgic moment and the sweet, fleshy Mediterranean mussels are just a perfect combination!
Let me say that I just tailored your food this evening!
-serve 2 people-
• 1 Pound of Mussels Washed and Sorted
• 6 Large Whole Shrimps
• 4 Large Garlic Cloves; Crushed
• 2 Tablespoons Chopped Parsley
• 1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
• 1 Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
• 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
• A few petals of saffron steaped in about a 1/4 cup of hot water this is your saffron broth
• Salt and Pepper to Taste
• Toasted Bread
In a wide and deep pot add olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes.
Allow to caramelise until fragrant and goldy, but not brown.
Add mussels, cover with a lead and allow to sauté for 5 minutes.
Add in saffron broth, tomatoes, shrimp and toss everything to combine. Allow to cook for 5 minutes untouched and high flame. Mussels should be all open now.
Give it a twist, poor into a deep bowl, sprinkle with parsley and serve with toasted bread!
Dip, slurp and enjoy!